Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Software
Department: Enterprise Software
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota
If you thrive on being challenged, rewarded, and seeing the results of your work benefiting the industry in many ways, there’s never been a more exciting time to join our family of highly talented software development gurus who are creative problem solvers, innovators, and inventors. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity.
PeopleNet is a technology leader in the Transportation, Logistics and Energy industry with a long history of innovation spanning software, hardware and wireless communications. Our feature-rich enterprise solution uses the latest technology including M2M communications hosted in the cloud connecting in-cab intelligent displays and on-board-computers to customer back-end systems using RESTful API’s and JSON data objects.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Are you passionate about technology? Do AngularJS and Bootstrap make your heart skip a beat? Are your shoes already first class citizens in the Internet of Things? Then this opportunity is right up your alley. At PeopleNet we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and especially our technology. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of Telematics.
- Design and build sophisticated, highly-scalable systems that process large amounts of data
- Be an educator and a mentor for junior engineers
- Challenge everything. Push yourself and others by asking how can we be better in all aspects of our work
- Collaborate with people who are just as passionate about technology as you are
- Hack away at the bleeding edge of technology during our epic Hack-a-thons (and win a cool prize like a Super Star Destroyer Lego set!)
- Excited by the opportunity to build highly-scalable, world class products
- Comfortable in working in multiple languages, frameworks, and environments
- Must possess intellectual humility: Smart, driven, creative, able to make mistakes and learn from them, willing to raise others up. Did we mention how important this is?
- A nose for the business and balancing technical concerns with business ones
- Some TLC: Teacher, Listener, Collaborator
- 5+ yrs of time in the trenches with Java or C#.
- Hands on experience with frameworks such as Spring, Guice, AngularJS, etc…
- Experience with Unit testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, and Vulcans are a plus)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, Agile development environment
- Proven ability to mentor and coach junior developers
- Work and collaborate with talented and passionate people who love what they do
- Play around with some of the industry’s newest and coolest technology
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k
- A culture of innovation fostered by a supportive and engaging management team
- The ability to work with the latest and greatest pieces of the technology stack
PeopleNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should send their resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com